1 hr 30 mins
Most Italian homes rarely have ovens so that leaves them roasting on the stove top. It's the perfect way to make a rare roast beef. Turning the meat is the hardest part!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the beef generously with freshly ground pepper, and place in a heavy bottomed pot large enough to hold the meat.
- 2Drizzle the olive oil over the meat and turn the meat over to coat with the oil.
- 3Add the bay leaf and garlic cloves and marinate for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove the bay leaf.
- 5Brown the meat over medium-high heat, turning to brown evenly.
- 6This step will take about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the roast.
- 7When the garlic begins to color remove it with a slotted spoon.
- 8When the roast is well browned on all sides and ends return the browned garlic cloves to the pot, remove the pot from the heat, and cover.
- 9Let the meat rest for 15-30 minutes.
- 10The internal temperature will be 140 degrees.
- 11Season the pan juices with salt after meat has rested.
- 12Cut the meat into thin slices, sprinkle with salt, and serve with the garlic and pan juices.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Clove Stove Top Roast
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.2
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 135.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g