Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Most Italian homes rarely have ovens so that leaves them roasting on the stove top. It's the perfect way to make a rare roast beef. Turning the meat is the hardest part!
- Rub the beef generously with freshly ground pepper, and place in a heavy bottomed pot large enough to hold the meat.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the meat and turn the meat over to coat with the oil.
- Add the bay leaf and garlic cloves and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Brown the meat over medium-high heat, turning to brown evenly.
- This step will take about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the roast.
- When the garlic begins to color remove it with a slotted spoon.
- When the roast is well browned on all sides and ends return the browned garlic cloves to the pot, remove the pot from the heat, and cover.
- Let the meat rest for 15-30 minutes.
- The internal temperature will be 140 degrees.
- Season the pan juices with salt after meat has rested.
- Cut the meat into thin slices, sprinkle with salt, and serve with the garlic and pan juices.