Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like stuffed shells , you'll love this one, and probably will never buy frozen store bought ones again. It's one of my hit and miss recipes. Everybody I've made them for has loved them.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages jumbo pasta shells
- 8 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3 lbs browned ground beef (for sauce) (optional) or 3 lbs Italian sausage (for sauce) (optional)
- 6 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Combine cheeses (except the mozzarella cheese), eggs, and seasonings. Mix well. Fill each pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Spread thin layer of sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Place pasta in pan; cover with remaining sauce. Spinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 for approx 35 mins or until hot and bubbly, take foil off and bake additional 15 minutes makes 18-24 servings. (put remaining shells in freezer bag freezes good for approximately 3-6 months).
This was awesome. I used half the amount of ground beef and added hot italian sausage. I added the cooked broken up pieces to the sauce. My husband (who is not a big fan of Italian food) said this was just great! I was able to freeze a couple of batches also for future meals!