Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recently we were told our son was allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts so we have made some pretty major diet changes in our house. I love food so it has been pretty hard, but it has also challenged to me try new things and come up with new dishes to prepare. This sandwich is the result of that. Measurements are just estimates since I don't really measure things out for a sandwich but wanted to give you an idea to base your own sandwich off of, as well as for the nutritional info. It can obviously be doubled or tripled or whatever you need depending on how many sandwiches you are making. In this sandwich I can honestly say I don't miss the eggs or dairy! Its simple but oh so flavorful!
- 1 gourmet hamburger bun
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegan mayonnaise (I use Original Nasoya)
- 8 -10 slices salami, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic-flavored olive oil (I use Garlic Gold Oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Spread your vegan spread onto the bun.
- Layer, from bottom up, salami, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic olive oil, salt & pepper, parsley, lettuce.
- *Note* I have often though some burgundy olives would also be good on this but have never had any on hand.