Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my celebrity recipe collection.
Make and share this Adam West's Super Bowl Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, removed from casings
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- nonstick cooking spray
- In large skillet, cook sausage meat over med heat for 15 minutes; drain fat.
- Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, pepper, and sage, and saute over low heat for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Lay won-ton wrappers on a well-floured surface.
- Brush tops with water.
- Fill each skin with 1 tsp of mixture, then fold in half diagonally; press edges to seal.
- Spray a steamer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place as many dumplings as possible in basket and steam, covered, for four to five minutes.
- Serve hot.
These are very tasty. I really like that they are steamed and not deep fried. This made for a nice soft dumpling. The fresh sage was so good with the sausage. The filling was a little moist, but I think it was from the red pepper. They still held together well. I will make these again soon, I think I'd like to try it with chicken and green pepper for a texmex feel. Made and Reviewed for Bargain Basement Tag - Thanks! :)