Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Fill large stock pot 2/3 full with cold water, add salt to taste and about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
- When water boils add pasta.
- While water is heating, combine half of the olive oil, 2/3 of the garlic and salt in a large skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until garlic browns.
- Remove from heat and add remaining garlic, red pepper, lemon juice and 2 or 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and stir.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, reserve 2 tablespoons of cooking water and drain.
- Transfer pasta and garlic mixture to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer pasta and garlic mixture back to skillet, add salt, reserved cooking water and remaining olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, tossing and stirring constantly.
- Transfer back to large bowl and serve.
- Serve with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.