My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill large stock pot 2/3 full with cold water, add salt to taste and about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
- 2When water boils add pasta.
- 3While water is heating, combine half of the olive oil, 2/3 of the garlic and salt in a large skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until garlic browns.
- 4Remove from heat and add remaining garlic, red pepper, lemon juice and 2 or 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and stir.
- 5When pasta is cooked al dente, reserve 2 tablespoons of cooking water and drain.
- 6Transfer pasta and garlic mixture to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- 7Transfer pasta and garlic mixture back to skillet, add salt, reserved cooking water and remaining olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, tossing and stirring constantly.
- 8Transfer back to large bowl and serve.
- 9Serve with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aglio e Olio
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g