1/1 Photo of Aglio E Olio - Spaghetti With Garlic and Olive Oil
This is so quick and easy and makes the most delicious light supper you'll ever eat! Please try it, it really is stunning! I've adapted this recipe from Australia's "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine, but it is a traditional Italian way of serving spaghetti. The quantities given serve 2, but just double them to serve 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g spaghetti (or similar kind of pasta eg vermicelli, spaghettini, angel hair)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin or a lighter olive oil if you prefer)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (or minced)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon minced chili (I use minced chilli from a jar)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs (made from fresh bread)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped (or, better still, run through a food processor)
- 40 g parmesan cheese, finely grated (or, better still, processed into granules)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons salt.
- 3Add spaghetti.
- 4Cook for 14 minutes exactly, then drain.
- 5About half-way through the cooking time for the spaghetti, heat the olive oil in a large frypan over a medium heat.
- 6Add the garlic, anchovy and chilli - I pound these three ingredients in a mortar and pestle for a minute or so first, but this is not absolutely necessary.
- 7Cook the garlic, anchovy and chilli mixture in the oil for a couple of minutes until the garlic is soft but not brown.
- 8Reduce heat to low and add lemon juice, breadcrumbs, salt and half the parsley and stir to combine.
- 9With the pan still on the heat, add the drained spaghetti and toss with a pair of tongs or two forks to combine thoroughly.
- 10Serve sprinkled with grated or granulated parmesan cheese and the rest of the parsley.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aglio E Olio - Spaghetti With Garlic and Olive Oil
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.4
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 8065.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g