Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy alfredo sauce, and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. I don't claim it is authentic, but it is tasty, with the addition of garlic. My picky son LOVES it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
I live a very long way from a grocery store with cream. I was craving shrimp alfredo last night. I found this recipe and it was awesome!!!! (Still shocked I had cream cheese) But very glad I did! I used fresh garlic and added sauteed shrimp. Perfect!!!!
I didn't have any heavy cream so this recipe was perfect! Super tasty and had such a nice consistency. Easy to make and would make it again!
Easy and delicious, thank you!!!