This is a quick and easy alfredo sauce, and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. I don't claim it is authentic, but it is tasty, with the addition of garlic. My picky son LOVES it!
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.