1/2 Photos of Amazing Stuffed Capsicum
Caithi Romeo's Note:
This is great using Banana Capsicum ( basically a small banana shaped red capsicum that looks exactly like a huge chili) as I find that the usual sized capsicums are a little too much. Anyway, a great recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut head off capsicum and de-vein and de-seed.
- 2Keep the head.
- 3Put bacon,onion, garlic and both herbs in a frying pan and saute in small amount of olive oil.
- 4Cook until onion is soft.
- 5Mix in cheeses and above mixture in bowl off the heat.
- 6Stuff Capsicums with the mixture.
- 7Replace head and wrap Capsicums in foil and put under a medium giller for fifteen minutes, turn and for a further 10 minutes.
- 9FOR A VEGAN OPTION- OMIT THE CHEESES AND BACON AND TRY "SOY CHEESE", LEEK AND MUSHROOMS.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Stuffed Capsicum
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 582.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs