A Marcia Kiesel recipe from Food & Wine Magazine, January 2009 edition, is as always with her recipes, easy, fast and scrumtious!! ;) A Pinot Blanc a/k/a the poor man's Chardonay, has a bright acidity that's terrific with dishes like this lush pasta.Fabulous US bottlings, like the 2007 Robert Foley Vineyards from Napa and the 2006 Erath from Oregon, cost less than $25 a bottle. From What to Cook Now: Trendsetting Recipes, Ingredients and Products :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices country ham or 2 slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/2 lb dried angel hair pasta
- fresh ground pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (about 2-3 pinches)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1In a deep skillet, heat the oil.
- 2Add the ham and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until hot; using tongs, transfer to a paper-lined plate.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet.
- 4Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened, 4 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 6Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, 2 minutes.
- 7Add the crab and thyme and toss until hot.
- 8Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain, reserving 2/3 cup of the cooking water.
- 9Add the ham, pasta, reserved cooking water, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet; toss.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Garnish the pasta with the parsley and serve in bowls.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel-Hair Pasta With Crab and Country Ham
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 223.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: