1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Warren B.'s Note:
This is one of the best pork dishes I make. It has never failed to please (except the one time I drank too much vino and forgot to pull it from the oven...but that's another story! The flavors are really tremendous! If you need a bigger dish, double it to an 8 lb roast, just be sure to double the herb mixture! I always serve it with white beans cooked in tomatoes/garlic and sage....yummy!
My Private Note
4 lb Ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lbs center-cut boneless pork loin, with a thin layer of fat left intact
- 1FLAVOR STEP: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Rub all over the meat to provide it with a genrous coating.
- 2Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 3Brush the meat with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- 4Brush a shallow roasting pan with the remaining 1/2 tbs. oil and scatter the sliced garlic on the bottom to provide a bed for the roast.
- 5Lay the roast on the garlic, fat side up.
- 6Put the pan in the center of the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- 7Turn the oven down to 300 F and roast for 1 1/4 hours longer if cooking a 4 pound roast, 2 hours longer for a double roast.
- 8Test the meat: when the center reads 145F to 150F on an instant read thermometer, remove the meat from the oven and cover it loosely with foil whil you prepare the sauce.
- 9PAN SAUCE: Pour off the fat and add the wine to the roasting pan and bring it to a boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- 10Add the stock and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- 11Strain the sauce.
- 12Salt and pepper to taste and server over 1/4 inch slices of the meat!
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arista (Tuscan Herb-Infused Roast Pork) - from the "meat&am
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 1030.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 45.9 g