1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Yummy and versatile classic- serve immediately, store in fridge, freeze or give as a gift! 2 cups is enough for one pound of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 8-quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- 2Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, do not brown.
- 3Stir in tomatoes with their juice, the salt and red pepper.
- 4Heat to boiling over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally and crushing tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 6For a smooth traditional texture, press tomato mixture through a food mill into a large bowl.
- 7Or leave the sauce as is for a hearty and chunky texture.
- 8Serve with pasta, such as fusilli or penne.
- 9Cool sauce slightly then spoon into jars or freezer proof containers.
- 10Store in refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 11You can also can this for yourself or to give as a beautiful and tasty gift along with some dry pasta.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g