1/3 Photos of Asparagus Carbonara
I love this recipe, it tastes lush and is really quick to make. Sadly my hips don't love this recipe...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 -6 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 2 large eggs, plus
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons double cream (heavy)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Snap off the tough woody ends of the Asparagus and discard. Chop the Asparagus into 1 - 1 1/2 inch lengths, cutting it at an angle.
- 2Boil the Penne for approximately 10 minutes, or according to pack instructions until al dente.
- 3Meanwhile, boil the Asparagus for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- 4Melt the butter over a low heat, and cook the Pancetta pieces for approx 3-4 minutes. Add the drained asparagus to the pan for a further 2 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile beat the eggs, egg yolks, black pepper, cream and parmesan together.
- 6As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the butter, pancetta and asparagus, stirring to coat in all the butteryness. Remove from heat and stir in the egg and cream mixture.
- 7Serve with extra parmesan and a big glass of wine -- .
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 501.7 mg
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: