1/1 Photo of Asparagus Lasagna - Giada De Laurentiis
I think this lasagna is wonderful! I absolutely love asparagus, and the taste of it with the sundried tomato/basil mixture is delicious! This is anything but your traditional lasagna! I made it without the pancetta and it was delish, but I am sure would be even better with it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) jars sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb pancetta, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes for dried pasta or 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta. Drain pasta.
- 2In a food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Pulse until the mixture is combined. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet brown the pancetta until crisp. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the ricotta, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, sprinkle some of the sun-dried tomato mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place some lasagna sheets, then half asparagus mixture. Next sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and some of the remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan. Sprinkle with cooked pancetta. Continue for 1 more layer. Top with lasagna sheets, some sun-dried tomato mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Dot the top with butter. Bake until the ingredients are warm and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Lasagna - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.2
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 2770.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 48.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: