Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Great Appetizer or side. My roasted asparagus recipe below do have salt I do suggest to go easy or omit it in the roasting as the prosciutto is salty. This is great at room temperature so it can be prepared ahead of time. Or make with left over asparagus.
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, 20 very thin slices
- 1 lb asparagus, about 20 roasted (you can use Roasted Asparagus With Garlic and Fresh Thyme, Roasted Asparagus With Lavender, Lemon and Garlic or your favorite)
- 1⁄4 lb cheese, 20 pieces (use your favorite used simi firm cow milk cheese with truffle)
- Place prosciutto on a working surface, place 1 piece of cheese on each slice then lay spears on cheese.
- Roll each up and place on a platter.
- Finger food that is wonderful!
Delicious!!!!! I sprinkled a little feta cheese over the asparagus and dribbled a bit of italian dressing too. This is now one of my daughters favorite ways to eat asparagus. Thanks Rita!
Hi Rita, please forgive me for not reviewing this earlier. We had these for dinner a couple of weeks ago ~ they were awesome. However, I changed it ever so slightly. Used your Roasted Asparagus With Garlic and Fresh Thyme and prepared them as stated but then I drizzled them with reduced balsamic vinegar. They were so delicious and they are good for you too, imagine that! Thanks for sharing, Diane