Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Recipe given to my husband from an Italian workmates wife. While in Italy on business. Made for the 1st Anniversary of my 39th Birthday in 2006 and will do it again for Christmas 2007.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) box ladyfingers (Forno Bonomi Savoiardi)
- 10 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 12 cups espresso coffee, Strong and warm
- 1⁄8 cup bitter cocoa powder, enough to cover the top of the dessert
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- Arrange Savoiardi "Forno Bonomi" in rectangular serving dish, lightly soak with coffee and the marsala wine.
- While gradually adding sugar, beat egg yolks until very stiff and egg yolks appear pale in color, add mascarpone cheese and fold gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a wire wisk or electric beater until very stiff and gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Cover Savorardi with this cream mixture, use all the ingredients to obtein more layers. Sprinkle the top with bitter cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- NOTE: TIRAMISU may be frozen and should be defrosted in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
An authentically FABULOUS Tiramisu! Husband/Kids ate the WHOLE thing (left me a taste)! Will definetly make the dessert again! Thanks!