Ailsa of New Zealand's Note:
Recipe given to my husband from an Italian workmates wife. While in Italy on business. Made for the 1st Anniversary of my 39th Birthday in 2006 and will do it again for Christmas 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange Savoiardi "Forno Bonomi" in rectangular serving dish, lightly soak with coffee and the marsala wine.
- 2While gradually adding sugar, beat egg yolks until very stiff and egg yolks appear pale in color, add mascarpone cheese and fold gently.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a wire wisk or electric beater until very stiff and gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- 4Cover Savorardi with this cream mixture, use all the ingredients to obtein more layers. Sprinkle the top with bitter cocoa powder.
- 5Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- 6NOTE: TIRAMISU may be frozen and should be defrosted in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 204.9 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: