Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a low fat, easily adjustable vegetable lasagna. Use whichever veggies are your favorites to customize this recipe to your particular tastes or what you happen to have on hand. Enjoy!
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (whichever veggies you like or have on hand such as onion, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, artichoke)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 g 1% fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sautee vegetables in chicken broth until slightly tender (about 5 minutes). Add a little more broth if it becomes too dry.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and ½ cup of mozzarella in a bowl.
- Spoon a little of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on the sauce.
- Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Add 1/3 of the sauce.
- Add 3 more noodles, the other half of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Add 3 more noodles and the rest of the sauce.
- Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking 20 - 30 more minutes.