Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If your familiar to Baccala, this is a simple and tasty way to serve it! If your not familiar with Baccala it is salted cod and needs to be soaked in water for two days to remove the salt and to reconstitute the fish. With this recipe I have estimated the oil for frying,flour for dredging and the serving size which depends on the size of the fish how big the pieces are cut .
- Cut soaked, skinless and boneless Cod into into bite size pieces so they can cook all together quickly in the pan.
- Heat oil in pan,use 1/2 cup or try for 1/2inch at least in pan (depending of size of pan being used).
- While cod is moist but not dripping wet, dredge well in flour.
- Shake off excess and don't worry if patches of flour look to thick.
- With hot oil, fry cold without crowding the pan and turn pieces when lightly golden.
- Drain well on rack or paper towels.
- Serve almost immediately or at room temperature.
- Fry parsley by putting into hot oil for a few seconds or till it becomes crisp.
- Place fish on serving platter with parsley and lemon wedges.