If your familiar to Baccala, this is a simple and tasty way to serve it! If your not familiar with Baccala it is salted cod and needs to be soaked in water for two days to remove the salt and to reconstitute the fish. With this recipe I have estimated the oil for frying,flour for dredging and the serving size which depends on the size of the fish how big the pieces are cut .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut soaked, skinless and boneless Cod into into bite size pieces so they can cook all together quickly in the pan.
- 2Heat oil in pan,use 1/2 cup or try for 1/2inch at least in pan (depending of size of pan being used).
- 3While cod is moist but not dripping wet, dredge well in flour.
- 4Shake off excess and don't worry if patches of flour look to thick.
- 5With hot oil, fry cold without crowding the pan and turn pieces when lightly golden.
- 6Drain well on rack or paper towels.
- 7Serve almost immediately or at room temperature.
- 8Fry parsley by putting into hot oil for a few seconds or till it becomes crisp.
- 9Place fish on serving platter with parsley and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baccala Fritto " Fried Salt Cod"
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 7984.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 75.3 g