An Italian recipe that is sooo easy and very impressive!
Make and share this Bachelor Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- cooked spaghetti, for two
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (you may use more oil to cook the vegetables, and then just pour it off after tossing with the noodle)
- 1⁄2 cup sausage, crumbled and fried
- shredded aged cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a sausepan until it is just starting to smoke.
- In a heavy metal strainer over a heavy metal bowl, put spaghetti noodles.
- Top with the onion, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, basil, and garlic.
- Pour the hot oil over the veggies and pasta slowly, being sure to pour oil directly on all veggies.
- (Be careful! Oil may pop!) Toss veggies and pasta, lift strainer to get rid of excess oil.
- Divide pasta and veggies between two plates, top with sausage and shredded cheese.
I just couldn`t use that much olive oil and then discard with was not used. So I heated 1 tablespoon and sauteed the vegies then tossed it all together. I did double the recipe adding fresg parsley too. Very good and tasty.