1 hr 45 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
The original concept came from one of Paula Deen's recipes, but with all the changes and additions it's now mine :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, reconstituted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large saucepan cook ground beef, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic until beef no longer pink.
- 2Drain well.
- 3In a Dutch oven, combine meat mixture, tomatoes and all seasonings.
- 4Bring mixture to boil (if too thick add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water), stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove and discard bay leaves.
- 6Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well and set aside.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Lightly spray a 13x9 baking dish with veggie spray.
- 9Spoon 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- 10Top with 1/2 of the pasta, then 1/3 of the cheeses.
- 11Repeat layers, ending with the sauce and reserving remaining 1/3 of cheese.
- 12Bake uncovered, 45 minutes.
- 13Top with remaining cheeses and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 14Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes efore cutting into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Angel Hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 599.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: