Couldn't be easier. This is baked in a shallow casserole dish or 4 small 1 1/2 cup sized shallow individual pans. It gets nice and puffy almost like a souffle which makes a beautiful presentation. I found this recipe in an old Sunset cook book. This is Florentine sytle cooking. Makes a great dinner or breakfast. You can sub jack cheese for the fontina also.
- Cook artichoke hearts according to package directions and drain well.
- Spread artichokes evenly in a well greased, shallow 1 1/2 - 2 quart baking dish. (round or oval is nice).
- Beat eggs with half and half, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in fontina cheese and pour over artichokes.
- Bake uncovered in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan then return to oven and bake for 5-8 minutes more or until frittata is puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve at once.