1/2 Photos of Baked Artichoke Frittata
Couldn't be easier. This is baked in a shallow casserole dish or 4 small 1 1/2 cup sized shallow individual pans. It gets nice and puffy almost like a souffle which makes a beautiful presentation. I found this recipe in an old Sunset cook book. This is Florentine sytle cooking. Makes a great dinner or breakfast. You can sub jack cheese for the fontina also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook artichoke hearts according to package directions and drain well.
- 2Spread artichokes evenly in a well greased, shallow 1 1/2 - 2 quart baking dish. (round or oval is nice).
- 3Beat eggs with half and half, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4Stir in fontina cheese and pour over artichokes.
- 5Bake uncovered in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle evenly with parmesan then return to oven and bake for 5-8 minutes more or until frittata is puffed and lightly browned.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Artichoke Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 370.7 mg
- Sodium 699.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 23.7 g