1 hr 15 mins
Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
A quick way to use up leftovers and have a delicious meal! I made this up just tonight and can't wait to taste it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken piece, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 lb mini penne pasta, cooked,rinsed,drained and cooled (pre-cooked weight)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 (15 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup after shredding)
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan blend sold preshredded in a bag)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook pasta in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling water.
- 2Shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- 3Toss chicken with dried spices.
- 4Shred carrots.
- 5Slice mushrooms.
- 6Drain and rinse pasta.
- 7Oil bottom of a large (4 quart) casserole dish with the olive oil.
- 8Layer shredded chicken, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots and cooked pasta.
- 9Pour spaghetti sauce and condensed soup over all; mix thoroughly.
- 10Top with cheese.
- 11Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- 12Remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Cacciatore Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 1459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend