Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick way to use up leftovers and have a delicious meal! I made this up just tonight and can't wait to taste it.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken piece, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 lb mini penne pasta, cooked,rinsed,drained and cooled (pre-cooked weight)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 (15 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup after shredding)
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan blend sold preshredded in a bag)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling water.
- Shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Toss chicken with dried spices.
- Shred carrots.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Drain and rinse pasta.
- Oil bottom of a large (4 quart) casserole dish with the olive oil.
- Layer shredded chicken, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots and cooked pasta.
- Pour spaghetti sauce and condensed soup over all; mix thoroughly.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned.