Prep1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from my mother.
Make and share this Baked Lasagne recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 793.78 g can tomatoes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml basil
- 113.39 g package lasagna noodles
- 226.79 g ricotta cheese or 226.79 g cottage cheese
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Lightly saute onions, garlic in oil.
- Add meat and cook until brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and 3 T grated parmesan. Mix well and simmer for 45 minute.
- Cook Lasagne noodles in 6 qts of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Put a couple of spoonfuls of sauce of bottom of 13 x 9 pan. Arrange half of noodles on next. Spread 1/2 the ricotta or cottage cheese and 1/2 the mozzarella over noodles. Top with 1/2 the sauce. Then repeat the layers. Top with 1/2 C parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is one of the best lasagna recipes I've ever made. It is outstanding. My oldest son had two servings for dinner last night. I can't wait to have the leftovers another day this week. The sauce is delicious and it has the perfect amount of meat and cheese. You can't go wrong with this lasagna. Thanks so much!
We just loved this lasagna! It is much simpler and less time intensive than my normal lasagna recipe. It makes an amount that is easily used, by eating, freezing or sharing. And the piece that I enjoyed was the perfect size, not too big or too little. I did use homemade tomato sauce, that I froze over the summer, in place of the whole tomatoes and paste. The seasoning is right on too! Thanks so much for sharing a winner, Lavender Lynn. It was perfect for us and we surely enjoyed it on a cold, wintery day!
Great! I used half riccotta and 1/2 cottage cheese and added some oregano and basil. This was hardy and filling and enjoyed by guests last evening. Made for ZWT7, Shady Ladies. Thanks for a real keeper.