Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm always on the lookout for new ways to season oven fries. This twist is from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello.
- 6 idaho potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/8-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 3/8-inch thick fries.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl with cold water. Just before cooking, drain water and place potatoes on paper towel, pat dry completely. Put in a bowl; add olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, approximately 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Add lemon zest, parsley, garlic & more salt and pepper if desired. Toss well and serve.
The taste is so good with the lemon zest, parsley and garlic. I just had a small problem. The potatoes stuck to the pyrex dish. Next time I'll cook them longer at 350 F. Made for 123 hit wonders. Thanks SusieQusie :)
Wonderful fries!! Didn't have any lemon, so used lime instead (can't wait to try these with lemon!!) - and they turned out so tasty! Thanks SusieQusie!
These fries were easy and tasted great. I love garlic, but I think next time I'll just use garlic powder because the fresh garlic was just a little too strong. Thanks for posting!