I'm always on the lookout for new ways to season oven fries. This twist is from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/8-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 3/8-inch thick fries.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl with cold water. Just before cooking, drain water and place potatoes on paper towel, pat dry completely. Put in a bowl; add olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, approximately 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Add lemon zest, parsley, garlic & more salt and pepper if desired. Toss well and serve.