Aurora sauce is a combination of bechamel, cream and tomato puree. My boys love this simple, quick dish.
- Make bechamel sauce using 6 tablespoons butter, flour and milk.
- (Melt butter, add flour and cook until bubbly, then add milk and whisk until thickened).
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain, mix well with sauce and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Turn into buttered oven dish.
- Mix remaining cheese with breadcrumbs.
- Top casserole with this mixture, then dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.