Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis This is a great side dish or main dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Bechamel sauce: In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 3Add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 4Always stirring, gradually add the milk and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 5Simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 6This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, 1/2 cup fontina, prosciutto and season with salt and white pepper.
- 8Set aside.
- 9In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water.
- 10Add the rigatoni and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 11Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the inside is still hard.
- 12Drain in a colander.
- 13Return pasta to the pot and pour in bechamel sauce.
- 14Using a wooden spoon, mix well until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- 15Into a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish, pour the pasta with cream sauce.
- 16Smooth out top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup fontina.
- 17Dot the top with diced butter and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Rigatoni with Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.1
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 260.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: