Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis This is a great side dish or main dish!
Make and share this Baked Rigatoni with Bechamel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bechamel sauce: In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Always stirring, gradually add the milk and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, 1/2 cup fontina, prosciutto and season with salt and white pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water.
- Add the rigatoni and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the inside is still hard.
- Drain in a colander.
- Return pasta to the pot and pour in bechamel sauce.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix well until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Into a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish, pour the pasta with cream sauce.
- Smooth out top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup fontina.
- Dot the top with diced butter and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Delicious! Hubby usually likes red sauce with his pasta, but he raved about this dish when we had it last night for dinner.
I have been making this for awhile now. We love it. Thanks for posting
Such a good stick to the ribs meal and one we will be repeating according to the family!