1/9 Photos of Baked Ziti With Fire Roasted Tomatoes
This is a recipe from Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes, but I know Hunt's has a fire roasted diced tomato product out too. My DH loves this--he requests it about once a month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Spray 2 quart rectangular glass baking dish.
- 3In a 10 inch non stick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently,until cooked. Add zucchini, cook 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
- 5Toss with pasta. Spread in dish. Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti With Fire Roasted Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 505.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese