Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great. Sometimes we make this into sandwiches and I always scale down the servings. Time does not include marinating.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 16 ounces balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 lbs fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag. Pour the dressing over it, cover or seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or oil, and set over low heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Fry chicken breast halves over low heat for about 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Place a generous slice of fresh mozzarella on top of each piece. Place a leaf of basil on top of the cheese, and cover with a slice of tomato. Dash balsamic vinegar over the platter, and season with salt and pepper. Serve!
Easy weeknight meal! Perfect for using up random ingredients in my fridge. Thanks for posting!
Excellent and Easy! I love anything that's marinated in balsamic vinegar and this was right up my alley! I left out the tomatoes off mine (not really fond of them), but DH and two sons LOVED 'em in theirs. We made these into panini's....oh, and I used lettuce spinach as basil is quite expensive in this area, being out of season and all. *PAC Spring 08*
This was really good! We made them into sandwiches, and left off the tomatoes. I used french bread and I brushed some more vinaigrette on the bread and added some lettuce. Great flavor and so easy. I also just grilled ours on the foreman and melted the cheese on top at the end for a minute.