1/2 Photos of Balsamic Roasted Asparagus With Fleur De Sel and Parmesan
This is based on a recipe from Second Helpings from Union Square Cookbook. Much to the dismay of family and friends, I could never learn to appreciate asparagus. It always reminded me somehow of eating grass. But I tried this recipe and finally found a way to love asparagus. This is incredibly simple, but the combination is superb. Spending the extra to get true fleur de sel is really worth it for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Wash the asparagus and break the tough ends off (no need to peel them in my opinion).
- 3Place the asparagus in a roasting pan and drizzle on the oil and sprinkle with the pepper.
- 4Shake the pan to coat the asparagus evenly with oil.
- 5Place in the oven and roast until asparagus is softened but retains a little crunch, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 6Watch it carefully!
- 7It's so sad to overcook it!
- 8Remove from oven, arrange on a serving platter and top with the balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel and freshly grated parmesan (no kraft please! Use the real stuff).
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Roasted Asparagus With Fleur De Sel and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 549.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g