Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from Second Helpings from Union Square Cookbook. Much to the dismay of family and friends, I could never learn to appreciate asparagus. It always reminded me somehow of eating grass. But I tried this recipe and finally found a way to love asparagus. This is incredibly simple, but the combination is superb. Spending the extra to get true fleur de sel is really worth it for this dish.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and break the tough ends off (no need to peel them in my opinion).
- Place the asparagus in a roasting pan and drizzle on the oil and sprinkle with the pepper.
- Shake the pan to coat the asparagus evenly with oil.
- Place in the oven and roast until asparagus is softened but retains a little crunch, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Watch it carefully!
- It's so sad to overcook it!
- Remove from oven, arrange on a serving platter and top with the balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel and freshly grated parmesan (no kraft please! Use the real stuff).
- Serve immediately.
Oh man..this was PERFECT. Saved a relatively miserable dinner tonight. LOVED this. Super flavorful...super easy. I didn't measure the balsamic vinegar but followed the rest to the letter. LOVED IT!!!!
SO GOOD!!! We loved this and I can't wait to eat Asparagus again. Yum!!!!