Shabby Sign Shoppe's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow.
- 2Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until smooth.
- 3Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl.
- 4Dip 1 side of each ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish.
- 5Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top.
- 6Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish.
- 7Pour the rest of the espresso cream over the top.
- 8Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap.
- 9Refrigerate overnight.
- 10Before serving, sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- 11Notes: To make espresso for this recipe in your electric drip coffee maker, use enough water for 4 cups of coffee plus 1/3 cup of ground espresso.
- 12You can find savoiardi and mascarpone in an Italian specialty store.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 307.9 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: