Shabby Sign Shoppe's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow.
- 2Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until smooth.
- 3Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl.
- 4Dip 1 side of each ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish.
- 5Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top.
- 6Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish.
- 7Pour the rest of the espresso cream over the top.
- 8Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap.
- 9Refrigerate overnight.
- 10Before serving, sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- 11Notes: To make espresso for this recipe in your electric drip coffee maker, use enough water for 4 cups of coffee plus 1/3 cup of ground espresso.
- 12You can find savoiardi and mascarpone in an Italian specialty store.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 307.9 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: