First time making polenta, and it came out AMAZING. Polenta can be served soft, right after cooking, or poured into a baking pan to cool. Once cool, the polenta can be cut into squares, and served with your favorite pasta sauce. Or, once it is cooled, cut the polenta into 1" x 2" sticks abd fry lightly in some olive oil until golden. the possibilities are endless.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the vegetable broth and the water to a boil.
- Slowly pour the cornmeal into the hot liquid, wisking constantly.
- Stir in the salt.
- Lower the heat to cook the mixture at a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cornmeal is creamy and not grainy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the polenta from the heat and stir in scallion.
- Polenta can be served soft, or poured into a baking pan to cool.
- Once cooled, polenta can then be cut into solid squares.