1/2 Photos of Beef Alla Certosina
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Kat's Mom's Note:
From The Talisman Italian Cookbook: Italy's bestselling cookbook adapted for American kitchens. I fleshed out the directions a bit, as they assumed a seasoned cook was doing the cooking. This one sounds like the house would smell wonderful while it is cooking. Will let you know soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put beef in large saucepan with oil, butter, chopped bacon, salt, pepper, nutmeg and brown slowly, but thoroughly.
- 2When meat is well browned, add the chopped anchovies, parsley and the stock or water.
- 3Reduce heat, cover the pan and cook slowly about 1 1/4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- 4Add water to pan drippings, if necessary, to make gravy.
- 5Slice beef and serve covered with gravy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Alla Certosina
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 363.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 43.9 g