Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the top 10 dishes in the National Pasta Cook Off! Yum, yum.
Make and share this Beer Brats and Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add oil, garlic, sweet peppers and onions in a 9X13 baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While roasting vegetables, remove casing from brats, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain brats and blot with towel to remove excess grease.
- Return brats to skillet and add beer, simmer.
- Cook pasta as directed, drain, but keep 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove vegetables from oven.
- Add, brats, basil, 1/2 cup of cheese to vegetables and mix throughly, add some pasta water if it seems to dry.
- Top with remaining cheese and serve!
I was looking for a way to use 5 brats leftover from a weekend get together. I followed the recipe to a T and it was ok, but just not great for us. My husband thought the sauce needed tomatoes.
Had some defrosted brats in my refrigerator & wanted something different. When I came across this recipe, I thought I'd try it. It's pretty awesome. My husband had 3 helpings!! And he kept saying how strong the flavors were. I did make some substitutions since I didn't have all the ingredients. Used Penne pasta & alcoholic Apple Cider instead of rigatoni & beer. Also, used Colby Jack since it was what i had in the fridge. I had only one green pepper as well, so to add more veggies, I threw in some mushrooms & tomatoes, sliced. And used 1/8 cup of dried basil instead of fresh. I did leave the veggies in the oven longer, since I think the mushrooms & tomatoes made it more liquidy. Again, great recipe!! Love, love, love it!