This peppery, arugula-topped three-cheese pizza is served at Pizza Bianco in Scottsdale, Arizona. Their recipe calls for 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto on the top at the very end, but this vegetarian version is so very good - you won't miss the meat. The garlic paste is the most important ingredient; you can buy it pre-made but your house will smell great if you make your own (See Roasted Garlic Paste).
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic paste (See Roasted Garlic Paste)
- 2⁄3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula (ideally baby arugula)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or more)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pizza crust with the garlic paste, then top with the mozzarella and Asiago, and spoon dollops of the ricotta over all.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle the arugula lightly with olive oil and toss, then place immediately on top of pizza. Return to the oven for one minute only, just for the heat to wilt the arugula. Drizzle the truffle oil over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice and serve immediately.
So, SO good! My husband was impressed with a pizza we ate for our anniversary and I found this one that seemed close...omg it was perfect! I make it regularly now. Thanks!!
I am a huge white pizza fan, and just loved this. I was lazy and used a Boboli prepared pizza crust, and even so it was better than what you can purchase in a restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.
Garlic lovers dream!