1/1 Photo of Biba's Osso Bucco
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe written on an old telephone bill envelope, so I figured I had better post it before it got lost for good! Recipe from Biba's Italian Kitchen TV show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and hot water.
- 2Allow mushrooms to reconstitute, making sure to save the liquid!
- 3Season veal with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- 4Heat oil over medium high heat in deep skillet, and brown veal shanks on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
- 5Remove veal from pan, add diced vegetables and mushrooms, cook for for 5-10 minutes or until browned, adding more oil if needed.
- 6Return veal to pan, add wine and reduce for 5 minutes.
- 7Be sure to scrape up any brown bits off the bottom of the pan--that's where the flavor is!
- 8Add mushroom water, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- 9Simmer on very low heat for at least 45 minutes, or bake at 325 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours, or until veal is fork tender.
- 10Serve over creamy polenta, rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biba's Osso Bucco
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 555.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: