Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was originally from Planter's Walnuts, but I have modified it over the years to suit our tastes. It is a family favorite, requested by my kid's for their birthday dinners and when the older ones come home from college. We eat it hot the first night and then the leftovers cold the next day. Make sure to use only fresh basil - it makes the recipe in my opinion. Be careful as the marinade will flame up on the grill due to the oil content. We usually double this.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup marinated sun-dried tomato, drained and cut into strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups caesar-flavor croutons
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Mix oil, vinegar and fresh basil. Reserve 1/2 cup for dressing.
- Grill chicken on outdoor grill approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning and brushing frequently with the remaining marinade. Cut chicken into large bite sized pieces. Combine chicken,pasta,sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and walnuts. Toss with reserved dressing. Add croutons and Parmesan and serve immediately.
This is a great recipe- I made it originally to take along on a trip and my boyfriend LOVED it. It's a great picnic food and keeps well for a couple days in a cold cooler if you're camping.