1/3 Photos of Braised Ligurian Chicken
Chef Kate's Note:
A Jamie Oliver recipe which I find quite delightful. Because I don't like dark meat, I make it with all chicken breasts--and they come out juicy and tender. The recipe says to add the olives with pits. I have--just remember to warn your guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 1 chicken, cut into serving sized pieces (I use 4 chicken breasts, cut up)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive (whole, unpitted)
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Add chicken pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- 3Place a large saute pan or heat-proof casserole over medium-high heat.
- 4Add olive oil.
- 5When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and saute until browned.
- 6Turn chicken and add rosemary and garlic.
- 7Continue to saute until garlic is softened, about three minutes.
- 8Add wine.
- 9When wine comes to a boil, add anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- 10Partly cover pan and lower heat to medium low.
- 11Simmer until chicken is cooked and broth is reduced to a sauce, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the size of your chicken pieces.
- 12To serve, discard rosemary sprigs and season dish well with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Ligurian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.0
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 462.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: