Our all-time favorite meat item! Everybody who has ever had this has flipped out! It's so easy and make extra and freeze it for a meal in 5 minutes!! Give it a try--I promise you won't be disappointed!
- Have your butcher slice the rump roast on the lunch meat slicer (tell him a little thicker than see-through).
- This recipe is nice because it's sliced thin, it's always tender so you can get away with using a little cheaper piece of meat.
- If you can't get it sliced this way, freezer meat for a few hours (about 1/2 frozen) and slice thin slices.
- Mix the eggs and water in a large bowl.
- On a LARGE sheet of foil--mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and grated cheese (garlic and grated cheese-add however much to your taste--these are general measurements). Dip RAW sliced beef in egg and than bread crumbs (I put them on another large sheet of foil-2 pieces side by side and than I separate them with wax paper because I always make double this recipe and freeze some and this makes it easier to get them apart).
- If you run out of egg or bread crumb mixture just make a little more.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, put 2-3 slices in pan and fry until just browned (about 2 minutes the 1 st side and 1 minute the 2nd side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve with a squeeze of sliced lemon. Fantastic hot or room temperature.
I also forgot the lemmon but it still tasted great, I made the seasoning with garlic herb breadcrumbs. It was a little rich but the family dove right in. Way too easy!!!!
I planned on following this recipe closely, but then spaced out and forgot the cheese and lemon. Even so, it was delicious, so who knows how good it could of been? Preparation was simple, so I will definately be making this again. I added cayenne pepper to the bread crumbs.
This was easy and soooo tasty! I marinated the beef strips in lemon juice, salt & pepper, for several hours before breading and frying. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender. Since we buy our beef from the farm, I'm always looking for new ways to fix it. This will become a regular. Thanks for posting!