This used to be my husband's favorite thing to order when we went out for Italian, until I realized I could make it at home in 15 minutes for a quarter of the price. The recipe as written serves two, but I've doubled and tripled it very easily. The whole wheat pasta is just a personal preference, and in the summer I love to use fresh basil and oregano. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces canned baby clams
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and saute 1 more minute.
- Add lemon juice, clams with their liquid, and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with with clam sauce mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
My husband absolutely loved this recipe! In fact, judging by his comments, I'd say it's his favorite new recipe that I've made in awhile. I thought it had great flavor but mine came out way too salty because I used cooking wine (which already has salt in it); entirely my fault! If I use cooking wine again next time, I'll omit the extra salt. I can see this becoming a regular at our house. It's quick, easy, and delish. Would be a nice dinner for company, too.
This is a fantastic recipe! I was worried the clam taste would be overpowering but it wasn't at all! Very easy to make also. The only changes I made was to use two 6 oz. Cans of chopped clams and added extra lemon juice, other than that nothing. Thank you!
Made this last night for dinner. The only change I made was I only used half of the red pepper flakes. We really enjoyed this! I would also agree that the Old Bay really adds to the flavor of the dish. A quick and easy meal for a work night, will be making this again and again. Thanks Victoria.