This used to be my husband's favorite thing to order when we went out for Italian, until I realized I could make it at home in 15 minutes for a quarter of the price. The recipe as written serves two, but I've doubled and tripled it very easily. The whole wheat pasta is just a personal preference, and in the summer I love to use fresh basil and oregano. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces canned baby clams
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and saute 1 more minute.
- Add lemon juice, clams with their liquid, and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with with clam sauce mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.