Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this Roasted Garlic With Herbs and Olive Oil for the roasted garlic. Frozen broccoli for ease, measures 8 cups when frozen but will reduce to half. This makes a great side or take it a fill a chicken breast with it or toss it into cooked pasta for a meatless meal.
- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs, Diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Oil from the tomatoes can be used)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- In microwave proof bowl cook broccoli till heated through about 4 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and toss to coat broccoli heat 1 minute in microwave.
Nice way to dress up frozen broccoli and superfast to put together! Talking leftovers, I am going to either turn them into a quiche or throw them in some sundried tomato pasta sauce I have frozen. Thanks for sharing! Made for Veggie Swap July 2010.
For the RSC#14 Hidden Gems Event I made `Rita~s Salmon Surprise Balls Salmon Surprise Balls which received a 5 star review rating from me. And along with that recipe I made this one, which also turned out to be 5 stars. I had pre-cooked the Broccoli in a micro-wave oven (a little water and a touch of salt to retain the color). Then I decided to stir-fry the Broccoli and with the balance of the ingredients in a Teflon pan for about 1-2 minutes, with the broccoli becoming a little crispy. This dish was easy to make and delicious!