Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from Into the Sauce, From Our Cucina to Your Kitchen
Make and share this Buca Di Beppo Penne Calabrese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb italian bulk sausage
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 medium bunch escarole, chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb penne
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup ricotta salata cheese, diced in 1/4-inch cubes*
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil and add sausage. Brown well, breaking up meat as it cooks. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Add escarole, tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Saute for a few minutes. Add chicken stock. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain well and add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and toss well. Place on a serving platter and garnish with ricotta salata cheese.
- Serve immediately.