1/1 Photo of Bucket Lasagna
This is a method of preparing Lasagna which makes 6 dinners which can be frozen and re-heated in a crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I cook a large package of hamburger (apx 5 lbs), drain.
- 2Place it back in the pan I cooked it in, (don't dirty another pan) and add tomato sauce and spices as you like it.
- 3In another large bowl, mix two large containers of cottage cheese, four eggs, and salt and pepper.
- 4A third bowl has a large quantity of shredded mozzarella.
- 5Open two packages of lasagna noodles, either no-bake or regular. I prefer the regular, they are thicker--he no bake kinda disappear in my lasagna because they are so thin.
- 6Place all the ingredient bowls and pans in a row on the counter.
- 7Then I take 6 (one gallon) ice cream buckets or similar container.
- 8Layer as follows: noodles, sauce, cheese and repeat til done.
- 9That is it! You end up with six lasagnas, and only 3 dirty pans.
- 10Freeze. Once solid, slip from the ice cream bucket, and place in gallon Ziploc bags., Now they go back in the freezer, taking up much less space. I use the ice cream bucket because it makes it the exact correct size and shape for my 5 quart crockpot. You may find another container that works better for you.
- 11When its lasagna eating day, just pop it in the crockpot on LOW, and let her go all day...come home, dinner is ready!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bucket Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (2795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 916.8
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 403.2 mg
- Sodium 846.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 99.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ice cream buckets