1 hr 15 mins
Another recipe in search of duplicating the deliciuos ravioli from Rising Moon. This recipe came from "Where the world's recipes are" website. Haven't made it yet, but plan to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb winter squash, such as butternut or Hubbard
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil or 1 teaspoon hazelnut oil
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts or 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly-grated
- 2 sheets ravioli egg pasta or 2 sheets wonton wrappers
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 2Cut the squash in half through the stem and lay the halves cut side down on the oiled baking sheet.
- 3Bake 50-60 minutes, until easily pierced with a knife.
- 4Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Scoop out seeds and fibers and discard, then spoon the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash squash with a potato-masher until smooth, then add breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, honey, thyme, rosemary, chopped sage, and orange zest.
- 5Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Warm the olive oil and nut oil over medium heat in a small frying pan and add hazelnuts or walnuts.
- 7Cook, stirring often, about 3 minutes, or until nuts are golden.
- 8Transfer nuts to a plate and set aside.
- 9Melt butter in a medium saucepan until it turns brown and begins to smoke, 3-4 minutes.
- 10Remove immediately from heat, add nutmeg, and set aside.
- 11Place a pasta sheet on a lightly floured work surface.
- 12Spoon mounds of filling on the sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart (the number of mounds you make will depend on the size of the pasta sheets you use).
- 13Lightly mist the mounds with a spray mister filled with water, then place a second pasta sheet over the first, covering the filling mounds, and pressing firmly around the edges and between the mounds to seal.
- 14Using a fluted cutting wheel or knife, cut between the rows of ravioli.
- 15Repeat with remaining sheets of pasta and filling.
- 16Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 17Add ravioli and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 18To serve, reheat the browned butter. Drain ravioli and place in warmed serving bowl.
- 19Toss with butter, sprinkle with hazelnuts and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Ravioli With Hazelnut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: