1/2 Photos of Buttery Basil Parmesan Puffs
You're guests will go bonkers over these! Basil and Parmesan, always a winning combination! You can make these up to a month in advance and freeze them, then take them directly to the oven from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop basil leaves and set aside.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400.
- 3Bring water, butter and salt to a rolling boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- 4When butter has melted, add flour, all at once, and whisk vigorously over medium heat until mixture forms a smooth thick dough that pulls away from sides of the pan.
- 5Transfer dough to the mixing bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer.
- 6Using the paddle attachment, beat mixture on medium until slightly cool.
- 7Add basil and mix until incorporated and dough is bright green.
- 8Add eggs, one at a time, to mixture and beat until smooth.
- 9Continue to mix for one minute.
- 10Add cheese and proces until incorporated.
- 11Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 12Drop dough in tablespoon sized balls on cookie sheets, allowing about 1 inch of space between each.
- 13Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 14Serve while still warm.
- 15(Dough may be piped onto cookie sheet using a piping bag and plain tip,#8 or#9.) Plan ahead: To prepare now and bake later, unbaked puffs can be refrigerated for up to six hours before baking, or frozen on cookie sheets, transfered to freezer bags or containers and baked directly from freezer.
- 16Allow an extra five minutes baking time for frozen puffs.
- 17Offer a spread: Make a delicious butter spread, such as sun-dried tomato butter, to complement the puffs.
- 18Combine 1 pound of butter, 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup of pine nuts and 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic in a mixing bowl.
- 19Mix together, then salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Basil Parmesan Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g