Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "Cook For a Day, Eat For a Month Lite and Easy"
Make and share this Cacciatore Penne OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- Advance Prep---Cook chicken; Cut into cubes. Slice green pepper. Halve mushrooms. Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender. Rinse in cold water; place in large pan of cold water; store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preparation---In large skillet combine broth, sliced green bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook over medium-hign until green pepper slices are tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and drained pasta.
- Pour into labeled freezer bag; seal and freeze.
- To Serve---Thaw completely. Reheat in large skillet until heated through. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Made this one during a OAMC session. Against my better judgement, I added the noodles and froze them already cooked. They turned to mush once I thawed out and reheated. The flavor was good. I will make again, but I'll just cook the noodles fresh that day.
This made a lot and was very quick and easy. My family liked it but I added half a jar of pasta sauce to give it just a little more depth. I think I'll add some tofu next time too. Thanks for posting, I'll be making this again.
A nice enough recipe and certainly a change from the usual heavy spaghetti sauces...I wonder about the addition of chicken broth to the recipe as it doesn't seem to add anything to the taste...Thank you for posting the recipe, I just don't find it interesting enough to keep :)