One of my best friends, Cambria, is fascinated with learning new ways of making Italian pasta dishes. This a recipe she found somewhere, and I must say, it is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic, and saute for a few minutes.
- 3Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, and saute for another minute.
- 4Pour in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, and add the basil.
- 5Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 7Add penne pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- 9In a small bowl, whisk eggs with a fork.
- 10Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- 11Stir the garlic powder, salt and pepper into the bread crumbs.
- 12Dip chicken cutlets into the egg, then press into the bread crumbs until completely coated.
- 13Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 14Fry chicken for about 5 minutes per side, or until the coating is a nice dark brown color.
- 15Remove chicken, and cut into slices.
- 16Toss the chicken slices into the sauce, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked penne, simmer for a few more minutes to soak up the flavor, then serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambria's Penne Arrabiata
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.5 mg
- Sodium 1250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil