1/1 Photo of Canned Pizza Sauce for a Year
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This makes about 36 pints. For any Italian dish, chicken, or pasta. If you like to can, then can enough to last awhile. I have never tried using a sugar substitute but it might be added after boiled, then mixed in. You might be able to use a liquid sweetner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon tomato paste
- 7 quarts tomato juice
- 3 quarts V8 vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons salt or 6 tablespoons salt substitute
- 9 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons italian seasoning, flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 1/2 cups dry parmesan cheese
- 10 celery ribs, including leaves
- 9 white onions
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1In large stockpot add the first 10 ingredients. Stir and cook on low heat.
- 2Chop onions and celery, add to 3 cups of water in a separate pot. Cook until tender.
- 3Put the onions and celery in the blender. Pulse until pureed. Add to sauce ingredients.Add parmesan cheese,white pepper and sugar. Stir. Heat to a boil and stir so that it will not scorch.
- 4Pour into hot sterile pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch head room in each jar. Wipe the edge and top of each jar with a hot sterile cloth, seal and band.
- 5Hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- 6Take out with tongs on towel covered counter. You will hear a pop when each jar is sealed. The seal will be indented inches.
- 7When you open jar to use, add 2 tblsp. olive oil. Stir in to heat or to spread on
- 8dough, chicken or pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Pizza Sauce for a Year
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 140
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 673.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: