1/3 Photos of Cantuccini: Classic Tuscan Biscotti
Charlotte J's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006 Another recipe from Nick Malgieri
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need: 2 cookie sheets or 2 jelly roll pans covered with parchment paper or 2 aluminum foil.
- 2Set a rack in the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir well to mix.
- 4Stir in the almonds.
- 5In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the vanilla then use a rubber spatula to stir into the dry ingredients.
- 6Continue to stir until a stiff dough forms.
- 7Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide it in half.
- 8Roll each half under the palms of your hands into a cylinder a little shorter than your baking sheet.
- 9Place the logs of dough on the baking sheet, making sure they are neither too close to each other nor to the sides of the pan.
- 10Press down gently with the palm of your hand to flatten the logs.
- 11Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the logs are well risen and have also spread to about double their original size.
- 12The logs are done when pressed with fingertip they feel firm.
- 13Place the pan on a rack and let the logs cool completely.
- 14Reset the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds but leave the temperature at 350 degrees.
- 15Place one of the cooled logs on a cutting board and cut it diagonally into slices 1/3-inch thick.
- 16Arrange the biscotti on the prepared pans, cut side down.
- 17It isn't necessary to leave space between them.
- 18Bake the biscotti for about 15 or 20 minutes or until they are well toasted.
- 19Cool the pan on a rack.
- 20Store the cooled biscotti between sheets of parchment or wax paper in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting cover.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantuccini: Classic Tuscan Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (736 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g