This is so good!
Make and share this Capellini Alla Campagnola- Rustic Angel Hair Pasta & Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (more or less, as needed, to dredge chicken in)
- 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms (crimini)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional and amount really to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (dry sherry is good)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can, or may use 2-3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped roma or heirloom tomatoes with juice,) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained (14.5 ounce can, or may use 2-3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped roma or heirloom tomatoes with juice,)
- 1 lemon (juice of, no seeds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons capers (size doesn't matter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 8 1⁄2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup shaved asiago cheese (use vegetable peeler) or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (use vegetable peeler)
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-1/2-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken breasts, cooking over medium heat until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Drain chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat boiling salted water in a pasta pot and cook angel hair pasta al dente; drain.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in another deep skillet and add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper.
- Cook mushrooms until tender then add wine and cook for 3-5 minutes or until alcohol burns off.
- Pour in tomatoes, lemon juice, basil, oregano, fennel, capers, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, adding tomato juice or broth if necessary (if mixture dries too much).
- Stir in chopped parsley, then add drained angel hair pasta and toss.
- Serve pasta topped with sliced chicken breast and topped with shavings of asiago or parmesan cheese.