1/2 Photos of Capellini Alla Campagnola- Rustic Angel Hair Pasta & Chicken
Sue Lau's Note:
This is so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup flour (more or less, as needed, to dredge chicken in)
- 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms (crimini)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional and amount really to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (dry sherry is good)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can, or may use 2-3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped roma or heirloom tomatoes with juice,) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained (14.5 ounce can, or may use 2-3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped roma or heirloom tomatoes with juice,)
- 1 lemon (juice of, no seeds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons capers (size doesn't matter)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 8 1/2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup shaved asiago cheese (use vegetable peeler) or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (use vegetable peeler)
- 1Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-1/2-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- 3Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken breasts, cooking over medium heat until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- 4Drain chicken and set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, heat boiling salted water in a pasta pot and cook angel hair pasta al dente; drain.
- 6Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in another deep skillet and add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper.
- 7Cook mushrooms until tender then add wine and cook for 3-5 minutes or until alcohol burns off.
- 8Pour in tomatoes, lemon juice, basil, oregano, fennel, capers, salt and pepper.
- 9Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, adding tomato juice or broth if necessary (if mixture dries too much).
- 10Stir in chopped parsley, then add drained angel hair pasta and toss.
- 11Serve pasta topped with sliced chicken breast and topped with shavings of asiago or parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capellini Alla Campagnola- Rustic Angel Hair Pasta & Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 562.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: