Quick and easy little pizzas for lunch or a light dinner. I love caramelized onions, so this is one of my favorite pizzas to make at home.
- In a medium saucepan cook the onions and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook, covered for 10-15 min or until the onion is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Set the onions aside.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Toast one side of each bread round directly over the heat for 1-2 minute.
- Remove from the grill.
- Top the toasted side of each bread round with the onion mixture, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and Romano cheese.
- Return bread rounds to the grill, over indirect heat.
- Cover the girll and cook for 5-10 min or until the cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.
- Remove from the grill and top with basil before serving.
!!!WOW!!! These were Fabulous! The grill gave this a little bit of a smokey flavor. Keep you eyes on these... my grill had a hot spot and one of my pizzas got a little "extra toasted" on the bottom. I used regular pitas and they made a nice base. If you sliced them up they would make nice appetizers too! I'll be making these again.