1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion Pizza
Quick and easy little pizzas for lunch or a light dinner. I love caramelized onions, so this is one of my favorite pizzas to make at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan cook the onions and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook, covered for 10-15 min or until the onion is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Set the onions aside.
- 4Heat grill to medium heat.
- 5Toast one side of each bread round directly over the heat for 1-2 minute.
- 6Remove from the grill.
- 7Top the toasted side of each bread round with the onion mixture, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and Romano cheese.
- 8Return bread rounds to the grill, over indirect heat.
- 9Cover the girll and cook for 5-10 min or until the cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.
- 10Remove from the grill and top with basil before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.0
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 1105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g