Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I started working with Celestino a few months ago and started compiling some of his recipes for a food blog. I tried this one at home and aside from the splitting of the lobster, I absolutely loved it.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) spiny lobsters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 3 ounces fresh tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- Cut lobster in two (length wise), under running water and remove dark membrane from inside the head. In a sauté pan, add garlic, shallots, chili flakes, olive oil and lobster. Sauté for a few minutes; add white wine and brandy. Let evaporate then add tomato, salt and vegetable broth. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. In a pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti al denté about 6 minutes. Drain and add to sauce. Let pasta cook into sauce for about 1-2 minutes. Add parsley and the extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.